I Didn't Know She Had Lupus!!



Mercedes Yvette Scelba-Shorte of the second season of America's Next Top Model has lupus.  The 29 year old from New Jersey revealed that she had lupus on ANTM. Now working as a model and actress, Mercedes uses her celebrity to spread lupus awareness.  She was featured twice on the cover of the Lupus Foundation of America's Lupus Now Magazine.  She is a avid spokesperson and advocate of lupus.  
I remember watching the ANTM episode where she revealed that she had lupus.  I felt so sorry for her, but I didn't know much about the illness.  And that next year (2005) I was diagnosed.  Well, I am happy to see that she is thriving as a young talent, and is doing what she can for our cause.  She should be an inspiration to us all.  We can still achieve our dreams even with lupus weighing us down!! You are much more powerful than your illness, never forget that.


With Love,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that.....

Anonymous said...

same here the following yr after i was diagnosed with lupus and remeber that very episode

Post a Comment

Create your own guestbook with your foto for MySpace, Facebook or your website! view this guestbook with all comments