Try to Stay Stress-Free!



Stress is one thing that most of us cannot avoid. No matter how hard we try to be stress-free, it always seems to creep up on us.  For those of us with lupus, we need to keep stress out of our lives as much as possible.  Stress is indeed one of our worst enemies.  Being stressed out can cause a flare, which is never good.  Stress can also prolong your flare and/or symptoms.  Having a free mind and a positive attitude always helps reduce stress. Do everything you can to keep your stress levels down.  For me, the first step to doing this is being able to identify stress factors in my life.  Sometimes we do not even realize that we are stressed. Learn your body and how your illness reacts to stress, so that you can identify trouble brewing. Remember...Less Stress = Longer Life!!


Tips to eliminate stress: 

  • Know what stresses you out.
  • Attempt to eliminate those stress factors.
  • Do something you enjoy when you feel stressed.
  • Try to relax. (warm bath, music, meditation)
  • Talk to someone close to you.
  • Send me a tweet or Facebook message ;0)
I am always here to listen!! Take care and try to be stress-free!!

With Love,

4 comments:

BD said...

Learning to walk away from people that are sucking me into a stressful situation is important too. Kindly saying that I'm sorry but I can bear this right now, if they are truly a friend, they should understand (hopefully).

Anonymous said...

i find that having friend that understand stress can harm you works well.i also took the people who dident really care out of my life and now i have a quiet life that works well.

reyah said...

Nice post, i am feeling stress this past few days and i believe your tips would be a big help.

Patti said...

I just found your blog. I was diagnosed a little more than a year ago, but have had symptoms for at least 14 years. I have Lupus, RA, and Fibromyalgia. I'm a single mom of a 16 1/2 yr old daughter, and an almost 14 yr old son. As horrible as I feel most of the time, i feel worse for them....they get the short end of the stick all the time...I'm either too tired or in too much pain or have had to pay way too much for doctor and pharmacy to give them money to go see a movie, etc....We patients have it hard, but our kids suffer too. They also worry about me constantly, even when I'm having a god day. Thank you for you blog, I enjoyed it and I'll keep checking back.

Post a Comment

Create your own guestbook with your foto for MySpace, Facebook or your website! view this guestbook with all comments